Friday, May 30, 2008

"...an inbred hillbilly with knife skills" - Yeah, that's about right

Mischa from The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler has PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best webmail-award-winning letter.

It is from an Austin, TX woman to Proctor and Gamble, discussing their "feminine products". Here's just a little sample:

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse’? I’m guessing you haven’t. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I’ll be transformed into what my husband likes to call ‘an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.’ Isn’t the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you’ve no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customer’s monthly visits from ‘Aunt Flo’. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it’s a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend’s testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey’s Anatomy was written by drunken chimps.Crazy!

Go read the whole thing - While it is very funny, it will also ring true to every woman reading it - and serve as a warning to every man who underestimates the power of the mighty monthly hormonal cycle. (Hi honey - why yes it IS that time - why do you ask?)