Thursday, September 11, 2008

YouTube Yanks Radical Islamist Videos.

I hate the term, "Slippery Slope" but I am torn on this. Myself personally, I like gratuitous violence and I know there are other sites that would gladly host these videos but the thought of Government intervention scares me.

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), head of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, sent an open letter in May to Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO of Google, which owns YouTube, asking him to yank "videos produced by Al Qaeda and other Islamist terrorist groups" off the site.
At the time, Google said it had taken down about 80 clips that featured gratuitous violence and hate speech, but added that "there's nothing in our guidelines that says something produced by a certain group gets censored."
Now does this also include the removal of the hundreds of videos that show the United States Military blowing shit up and killing bad guys.