Thursday, July 31, 2008

I know wrestling is fake, but can't it find a REAL charity to support?

So the WWE has teamed up with that brain trust, Jenny McCarthy (yes the MTV skank who used to eat her boogers on tv), to promote her charity, Generation Rescue. This is supposedly a charity which will help Autistic children. But if you look closely, their idea of helping is chelation therapy, and telling you not to vaccinate your kids and that vitamins will cure autism.

Two skeptical blogs have written about this, including some links that debunk all the usual autism/vaccination bullshit - I'm sure more will follow.

I really hope this is a case of someone at the WWE thinking "celebrity charity" and rubber-stamping the promo. Not someone who actually looked into this shit closely and okayed it. I know that wrestling isn't exactly a bastion of intellect but I would have hoped that someone there had some intelligence.