I'm told that we here on Life On Terra Firma are going to be having a Live Blogging of the Election Coverage Event. Not only will I not be participating, I am: a) going to bed early; b) refusing to read or watch any news whatsoever for the next week (or however long it takes for everyone to stop talking about this fucking election); and c) putting the entire US of A in a timeout.
I thought I was sick of this shit before. I thought I had seen and heard every stupid political argument on both sides of the fence. I published posts here on this very blog decrying the lack of civil discussion & talking about my disdain for the two major parties.
But now it's gone too far. Seriously people? You take a blog that is devoted to discussing the daily comics - and not the "serious" ones; not the "political" ones; not the fucking editorial cartoons - just the stupid day to day comics like fucking Hagar the Horrible and Marmaduke and you still are not capable of having a discussion in the Comments Thread that does not disintegrate into political bullshit name-calling. You have defiled my last sanctuary on the internet and I will not have it!
You are ALL in timeout! Go! NOW!! Do not talk to me again until you are ready to discuss the latest Mary Worth's "I'm a busybody" storyline or snark on how depressing Funky Winkerbean is.
The Morning Report — 8/ 6 /26
-
Good morning kids. With all the insanity going on here and abroad these
days, hell every day, let's start off with some good news and considering
who's inv...
12 hours ago